- Font Size
- Reading Mode
Does your organisation benefit from the work of dedicated volunteers?
National Volunteer Week is the best time to celebrate their inspiring efforts! Join in this nation-wide event that acknowledges the generous contribution of Australia’s outstanding volunteers.
During the week we encourage you to host an event to thank your volunteers and promote your volunteer program. If you need event ideas, please read our resource guide.
This year’s theme is: Give a little. Change a lot.
This theme represents the millions of volunteers who make a profound impact in their communities and on society, through giving a little time and making a big change.
Make sure you visit our National Volunteer Week website.
Nominate for the 2018 Queensland Volunteering Awards
There are many people volunteering across a range of programs and organisations in Queensland. We want to showcase these stories, share these experiences and encourage others to join you.
The Award categories are:
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Youth Volunteering Award
- Lifetime Contribution to Volunteering Award
- Excellence in Volunteer Management Award
- Volunteering Impact Award (a volunteer program)
- Corporate Volunteering Award (an employee volunteering program)
Easy online nomination forms can be found on our website, with only five or six questions.
Make sure you reward your volunteers and team
All nominees will receive complimentary attendance to the Awards Ceremony on Friday 25 May 2018 at Brisbane City Hall, with:
- Our patron - Governor of Queensland, His Excellency, the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC
- Minister for Communities, the Honourable Coralee O'Rourke MP
- Shadow Minister for Communities, Dr Christian Rowan MP
All nominees will also receive a Certificate of Recognition for their volunteering contributions during National Volunteer Week, 21 – 27 May 2018.
Nominations have been extended due to popular demand and now close on Tuesday 3 April 2018. Nominate today!